Saint Chavara’s words of wisdom are so à propos in this day and age, and especially today on his feast day. Let’s remember this piece of advice and counsel from the Saint himself: “Since you belong to God, you should be given back to God.” Saint Kuriakose Elias Chavara, pray for us!
“The children are treasures entrusted to the families by God to sanctify their souls with his precious blood, and make them His ministers in this world, and to return them to Him on the day of final Judgment.” St. Chavara
- Children, you are God’s investment in the hands of your parents.
- The Children who have love of God and fear of God will love and respect their parents
- Trust your mother; God will hear the mother’s request like the baby’s request.
- Wisdom and purity should be spiritual food, like food for natural growth.
- Go to school regularly and recall what is taught during the week
- Laziness fosters evil habits.
- Let your friends be those who love God.
- Good friends will make you good.
- Keeping of bad books is like hiding fire in straw.
- Regular reading of good books and meditating on it will illumine the mind.
View original post 226 more words